Dementia course @ St Christopher's Hospice
This press release is from St Christopher's Hospice:
Achieving good end of life care for people with dementia
26 April 2013 or 15 November 2012 £90
St Christopher’s Hospice, London
This course is intended to help health and social care professionals adapt their existing skills to achieve excellent end of life care for people with dementia and their families. Topics will include:
Topics will include:
• dementia: diagnosis, epidemiology and national policy
• experience of the person with dementia
• understanding behavioural and psychological symptoms
• assessing symptoms when someone cannot communicate verbally
• disease progression and decision making and
• end of life care.
This course is aimed at GPs, district nurses, community matrons, CPNs, care home nurses, domiciliary care managers, social workers, allied health professionals, and other care workers who would like the opportunity to reflect on their work with people with dementia.
Many thanks in advance.
Education Marketing Officer
St Christopher’s Hospice